Friday, June 5, 2009

Turning 2

I cannot believe I am the mother of a 2 year old. This time last year we (Dee Dee and Pops, Kirk and I) were hoovered around a beautiful birthday cake WITHOUT our birthday girl. Ema was still living in Vietnam and as we blew out the birthday candle we wished that we could be united with Ema. Kirk's bank had Kirk a shower but it was mostly a birthday party for Ema. There are times that we still cannot believe that Ema is here. Here is a picture from Friday! Happy Birthday Ema!! You have brought more joy to our lives than you could ever imagine. We have only known you for 6 months but it feels like we have had you forever. There is not a day that goes by that you do not make me smile and laugh. You always have a way to brighten my day. I am so happy that the Lord picked you out especially for us. You are an amazing little girl and I pray everyday that the Lord has something BIG in store for you. I pray that the Lord will help your Ba and I raise you to Love the Lord and place your trust in him in everything you do. We love you so much and are very proud of you! We hope you have the best birthday ever!



(getting a 2 year old to smile is hard and this is the best I could do! Maybe next year)

No comments: