Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Dayton!!!

I will always remember Dayton as a happy child. A child that I feel God placed here on earth for 8 good years to bring us many many smiles. Dayton overcame many obstacle's in his life, and none of those obstacle's ever stood in his way. He was an inspiration to many people and his story, though he never got to share it, will live forever in us. I have tried to think of ways to make this day pleasant. I have yet to find a way.
Right after Dayton passed, I was at the gym running and just thinking about everything that had happened. I thought about today, and how hard this day would be for Chris and Amy,the grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. I began trying to find a way to make it easier. I thought seriously about writing an article in the paper to help celebrate his life. But just the other day Amy made a comment that when she cannot sleep, she looks at my blog. What a disappointment that must be since I have not been posting regularly :) So Amy, if you are reading this, Kirk and I want to thank you for allowing us to be a part of Dayton's life. Thank you for all of the beach memories, the Halloween memories, and the birthday memories. Dayton was a special little boy and he will always hold a special place in our hearts. We know where Dayton is now. We know that there is no more heart problems, no more surgeries, and best of all NO MORE SCHOOL! Dayton is happy, healthy, and alive in the arms of Jesus. We pray daily that God provides peace and comfort to you and Chris and that you go to him to find strength and encouragement. Gods tells us , "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you". 1 Peter 5:7 We love you and hope that you have overwhelming peace!

Happy Birthday Dayton Payne!!!! We love you and can't wait to see you again! If you were here, Ema would give you a big kiss!! :)


Kirk, Emily, and Ema

2 comments:

Laura Dawson said...

I am sure his party up there will be better than any kind of party down here!! Praying for you guys today!

nicole said...

I am lifting you guys up in my prayers today and in the days that come.